My post about the previous poll, Fan Favorites Poll #13, can be found here.
For poll #14, my votes were:
SSR character – Yuisis (wind)
SR character – Sen (fire)
R character – Rosamia (light)
Summon – Kaguya (water)
As you can see, I voted for all the same characters/summons as last time.
• Vira regained the top spot, which I expected. Through all the fluctuation of the SSR results, Vira remains a rare constant.
• I’m surprised Yuisis landed in the top three. Although her percentage of votes captured dropped from last time, she still had an impressive second place finish. Some characters’ popularity outstrip their usefulness (e.g. Cagliostro), and frankly speaking Yuisis looks like one of them.
• I thought Percival and Anthuria would have an uptick in votes due to the upcoming Wind Unite and Fight event this month, but their vote percentage was about the same as last time’s.
• Cagliostro fell out of the top 10, and Beatrix stole her spot. Beatrix has had the spotlight a lot lately, and her fire iterations are very powerful (but both of them are seasonal limiteds). Cagliostro… needs help.
• Although Sen and Cucouroux took the top two spots again, their vote percentage lead over the field shrunk a lot.
• The power of sweaters, man. The SR version of Herja burst on the scene to come in fifth. Come to think of it, why didn’t I vote for her? She’s the SR character I want the most right now.
• Mina also made her debut on the list.
• Feather punched his way back into the top 10, thanks to his recent 5*.
• Erin, Noa, and Ferry fell out. Poor Erin, her stay lasted for only one poll.
• A couple characters traded places, but no new characters entered the top 10. That’s three polls in a row with the same top 10 R characters; I’m impressed by its consistency.
• Surprisingly, Varuna made it back in, while Odin dropped out. Water is still in an unfortunate place compared to the other elements, so I wonder why Varuna became more desirable.
The interesting thing about this time’s fan favorites poll was that the top three of each element in each category affected boosted daily rates. For example, March 4’s boosted rates were to Percival, Anthuria, Yuel, Sen, Cucouroux, Sutera, Camieux, Ippatsu, Anna, Shiva, Athena, and Agni. I think this was a very good idea–the old method of boosting draw votes only to the top 3 of each category produced mostly the same results every time. This new way, characters like Izmir, Silva, and Yodarha (the top three voted water SSR characters) benefited from the fan favorites poll despite none of them cracking the overall top 10. In other words, I feel like the poll results are more meaningful under this new system.